Thursday, November 12, 2009

RUGBY, RUGBY, RUGBY. Its a Huge Weekend of International Rugby.

We may not have time to sleep! I count 18 international rugby test matches to be played globally this weekend. There is some doubt over the Egypt-Libya test match, which is a pity as for both it would be their first international rugby test match.

13.11.2009
South Africa v France in Toulouse
Samoa v Wales in Cardiff
Ireland ‘A’ v Tonga in Ulster (Possibly not a test match)
Romania v Italy ‘A’ in Piacenza
Ukraine v Georgia ‘A’ in Tblissi

14.11.2009
New Zealand v Italy in Milan
Argentina v England at Twickenham
Fiji v Scotland at Murrayfield
Europe XV v French Barbarians in Brussels (Non test-FIRA’s 75th Birthday)
United States v Uruguay in Montevideo (WCQ Americas, R2 Playoff, 1st leg)
Georgia v Argentina ‘A’ in TBC
Tunisia v Namibia in Tunis (WCQ Africa & Africa Cup Final, 1st Leg)
Moldova v Czech Republic in Chisinau (WCQ Europe R4; ENC 2A)
Austria v Norway in Vienna (ENC 3B)
Monaco v Cyprus in Menton (ENC 3D)
Egypt v Libya in Tripoli/Cairo-Some doubt about this fixture

15.11.2009
Australia v Ireland in Dublin
Canada v Japan in Sendai

This is not a record. I well recall back in 2003, the first weekend of the rugby world cup, being held in Australia. It was a massive weekend with 30 test matches being played. The Friday 10th was the start of the World Cup and they had pool matches on the Saturday and Sunday. At the same time there were international tournaments in Africa and South America I think. Anyway, 30 test matches nearly drove me mad. I was so excited and exhausted all at the same time. And guess what? I lost all the data work for the tournament when my computer crashed in January and I'd forgotten to back up. I wept!!

No comments:

Post a Comment