The European Nations Cup is the international rugby competition for Europe. The format for 2010-12 has been released. It is different from the 2008-10 competition in a number of ways.
- The top Division will continue to consist of 6 teams, with Germany relegated and Ukraine promoted.
- Each season will, as before, produce its winner.
- Promotion-relegation is the same. This takes place at the end of 2012 season.
- The division below 1A is now called 1B and is expanded to 6 teams, with Moldova staying and Netherlands added.
- All other divisions are renamed with only promotion taking place.
- A bonus point system is introduced similar to Super 14.
'At the end of each Season a champion will be designated , according to match points got in that specific season (on June 2011, the champion being the Union having more points, and on June 2012, the Champion being the Union with more points in the games played on season 2011-2012). The IRB, will invite the Champion of each season to participate in inter-Regions games during the November window. At the end of season 2011-2012, the Union ranked 6th (considering the results of games played during the 2 seasons) will be relegated to Division CEN 1B.
Equal number of points at the end of Competition: If two or more teams have same number of points the best ranked will be: •
1) The Union having more number of match points in the games played between the tied Unions.
2) The Union having best difference between points for and points against in the games played between the tied teams.
3) The Union having scored more tries in the games played between the tied Unions.
4) The Union having scored more points in the games played between the tied Unions.
5) The Union having best difference between points for and points against in all pool games.
6) The Union having scored more tries in all pool games.
7) The Union having scored more points in all pool games.
Match points in each game : • Winner of the game: 4 points • Looser of the game 0 Points • Draw between the 2 teams: 2 points to each team
• 4 or more tries in the game: 1 additional point • Looser by seven or less points: 1 point'
For the complete draw go to www.rugbyinternational.net, go to LATEST, then down to tournaments.