Tuesday, December 2, 2008

December-January

The months of December and January are the quietest months of international rugby around the world. There are a few more games to be played, mostly in the European Championship, known as the European Nations Cup. They are in the lower divisions.

The international action hots up again in February when the 6 Nations International Championship for 2009 gets underway, and the European Nations Cup fires up, especially in Division 1 games.

So what is this blog going to do for two months? I've made a list below. If there are aspects of the international game you want to know about then you can add a question in the comments box.

Here we go..

  • A review of international rugby in 2008
  • A summary of the European Nations Cup, which is sort of mid-season now.
  • A best of for 2008 (best try, best player, most improved team, biggest upset..all ideas I think I'll pinch from the FIRA-AER forum)
  • Just what is this 'GWC Rugby Rankings' you see on every game preview.
  • A summary of the final table of GWC Rankings 2008
  • In January a preview of the 6 Nations Championship
  • A look at the 2009 British and Irish Lions tour.
  • A look at the 2011 Rugby World Cup Qualifying process and where it is up to.
  • How about a quiz with some prizes?
  • A look at some other rugby blogs from around the world.
  • The web sites I most use to build my data base of international rugby.

Gee Wizz, I thought I might have a rest over December-January. That's not going to happen. Well, after all, there are a lot of rugby fans out there busting to find out more about this game of rugby.

So, fire your questions/ideas at me.

1 comment:

  1. lot of good ideas here !!!


    I'm waiting for these posts... :)

    ReplyDelete